Monday, January 10, 2011

The Offical Start of my New Year

I know the New Year starts on January 1st but I always seem get recharged on my weekend away with my oldest girlfriend. We started this tradition back in college as a way to have one last weekend to relax before the start of the second semester of college. We've continued this tradition into our adult years and it's grown to a nicer place than just the Holiday Inn when we started. We really look forward to this time away from our families. We are not on Mom or Wife duty, we have the weekend to ourselves to do whatever it is we want.

During this weekend I always seem to get more focused and set my goals for the year. In the past I've worked on my resume, meal planning, exercise planning and focus on weight loss. I'm really pumped to have this weekend so that I can get refocused in my life. I really need to make myself a priority and figure out why it is I can't keep focused on my health. I have no idea why I make excuses or seem to lose track but this is it!! This is my weekend to refocus and give myself a pep talk!

In the words of Stuart Smalley "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me".

No comments:

Post a Comment