So today my company is merging with Fidelity (FIS). Nerves are running wild here because no one really knows if they will have a job within the next few months. Our group is one of those, we have no clue what the upper mgmt has planned for our team. There is not an equivalent group with FIS so that could mean that they will find value in our team and then I'm sure our roles will be expanded or it could mean, they've been working without a Source Code Management team and they don't feel its necessary. It really could go either way. I try to think positive but its hard either way. I know that if my job is eliminated I will land on my feet and I will find something new. If my job is safe then I think it opens the door to new opportunities and that will be good. But I just still have an uneasy feeling. I think its the unknown. No one knows what's going to happen and that's hard. I'm typically a planner and in this situation I can't plan and that's a little difficult for me.
Another situation I'm dealing with is the kids. They are both sick and throwing up. J stayed home with them today as he's off of work. I'm happy he finally has to take care of the kids as that usually falls to my shoulders. Which is OK but I'm just wiped out myself. And I tell you I better NOT get sick too. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I totally feel your stress. It's hard not knowing, but you're right, either way, you will have opportunities for change, and you will land on you're feet.
ReplyDelete