Man, my poor son can't catch a break. Missed 2 days of school last week with vomiting and now he has a cold. He had to stay home today because he had a fever at school yesterday. He has gunk in his chest, I can hear it but the medicine I got seems to be breaking it up and he has a more productive cough which is good. I'm hoping my daughter stays healthy.
On the exercising front, enough is enough. I read a friends blog and she wants to make some changes and it started with her hair, another friend set up her exercise room in her basement to kick off her weight loss and I've gained some inspiration. My question is why do we fall off the wagon? I don't know, I wish I did because then I wouldn't do it any more. I can say that I've always struggled with confidence. I want to be a strong example for my kids, that's what sparked my first weight loss effort. I need to go back to that, I want to be a strong example for my kids. I have a lot of lessons I can teach them about being healthy, enjoying life and always trying new things.
After this post I will go and sign up for my next 1/2 marathon. I will be doing the Cheesy 1/2 marathon on May 1st. I've given it some thought and the course was just OK in my opinion but I'm thinking I had a really bad training experience and I want a second go at that course. I believe that if I would have trained properly I would have enjoyed the experience more. So I'm going for it....I want to conquer that course and feel good about it! I have some friends that have their sites on the Madison 1/2 (hopefully they'll both be healthy!!!) and I was going to join them but for my personal reasons I need to run in Kenosha again.
Today I got on the TM and did some intervals as I haven't run in awhile, I did 2 min walking/2 min running. I only did a couple and was on the TM for 20 min. I need to work back up since I've not been running with any consistency. I know I can do this!! I am worth the time I will take to train! I know this will help me with the everyday stresses and things I worry about. This will make me a better wife and mother!! This is for me and I'm worth it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, good for you. We'll miss you in Madison, but I get where you're coming from with Kenosha. You need a positive experience before moving on. I just hit my 5k milestone yesterday. 3 miles of non-stop running, and I did it outside for the first time since last November. I really felt the difference of the sidewalk's impact vs. the treadmill. The couch to 5k program is what I followed to get back into it - I highly recommend it :)
ReplyDelete