So today I turn a year older.....do I feel any different?? Nope, never really do. It's just another day, business as usual. Today I'm thinking back to my most memorable birthdays, lets see....One of my only happy childhood memories was going to Farrel's ice cream at the Mall. They'd give you your ice cream with a candle and you got your name called over the loud speaker and the Birthday Song played on the jukebox.
The next birthday I clearly recall was my 16th. I don't recall it for any good reason though. Growing up we didn't have lots of money so I wasn't expecting much of anything but you know what I got.....ZIP, NOTHING. My mom took me out for a free dinner at Denny's. A few days later I mentioned my disappointment and she retorted with "we went to dinner" Um it was FREE. She did buy me some clothing but I believe out of guilt.
My next birthday memory was my 19th. That was the night J proposed to me. It was such a lovely evening. We went to a fancy restaurant, he hired a violinist to play our song and then he proposed. He capped the evening off with a carriage ride downtown. It was great.
My only surprise party came when I was 21. A bunch of friends and family were rounded together for fun and dancing. My first official shot was a cement mixer bought by my brother. I still tease him on how horrible that was LOL.
My 30th birthday was another memorable one, only because that's the year I was a surrogate. I felt such gratitude and wonder as I was able to help bring my aunt and uncle so much happiness by being able to carry their son. I felt that my life had purpose and that often when you bring happiness to others you bring happiness to yourself.
Now at 36, I can honestly say that I enjoy each and every moment of life, I am happy with the many blessings that I have around me. I have an amazing family and such wonderful friends that I couldn't ask for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wish you a very Happy Birthday .............Live life to the fullest
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday sweets!! Hope you had an amazing day!
ReplyDeleteI loved this trip down your memory lane! I hope all your birthdays are winners :)
ReplyDelete