So yesterday I was asked to sub in a kickball league. It was actually fun, I really didn't care if I played or not. I was placed at 2nd base (my old softball position, well one of them) and the first ball was a pop fly and it came my way and I made out #1. I felt a sigh of relief, I didn't want to blow it LOL.
I kicked a few times, well on one of my trips to 1st base I was running through the base and the second baseman went in my running path, I avoided hitting him but I did take a tumble. I have 2 skinned up elbows a skinned up knee, it's also bruised as well. I also tweaked my ankle, it's swollen and still today but it was all worth it! It was such a lovely day and to be outside having fun was just what I needed. I started my evening out yesterday with some jump roping and then for a quick 1 mile run.
All in all it was a good night full of healthy activity, I've missed that the past couple of weeks and it's amazing what it does for my attitude!
I want to send GOOD LUCK WISHES to my friends Joy and Joe who are running the Madison 1/2 marathon this weekend. Here's to the 2 of you!!! I hope you have a strong, injury free run. Most of all enjoy yourself and the scenery!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks Denise! While we PR'd, it was through terrible heat and pain for Joe. I'm gonna go blog about the race now :)
ReplyDelete