So I found out yesterday from my SIL that she saw my daughter has a facebook account. I confronted my daughter and she confessed. This morning I was looking into her account (as I had plans that took me away from home yesterday otherwise I would have looked at it then) and I see that she has had it since about April. This was the time that she was rebelling a little bit and looking to get into some mischief. I can also tell that by the posting, she was posting a lot then, and not so much since she got in trouble at the end of last school year.
I'm happy that the posting is down, I'm happy that she wasn't posting anything negative, I'm happy that she came to me this morning and apologized and was in tears because she knew that she was wrong and that she broke some of my trust.
I am not happy that she lied to me, I'm not happy that I found out from someone else. I am not happy that I haven't been monitoring this more closely. I'm not happy that she went behind my back and wasn't honest about this.
I have learned that I do trust my kids, but they are kids and they will do sneaky things behind their parents backs. I did, but I stayed out of trouble and didn't do anything bad. I will be staying diligent on their internet useage. At this time she's lost all internet privileges and I'll be in the market for a laptop so that all internet useage is done upstairs in the kitchen or living room where I can see it, not in the basement. You better believe there will be monitoring software on there as well.
Who ever said that parenting gets easier when the kids get older was WRONG!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment