So locally there is a lot of political things happening. It's so overwhelming and frustrating. People have their view points and I respect that and I expect that if I have a differing view point that other will respect me for that, but sadly that's not the case. I feel that Facebook has become a political battlefield. With links to articles, comments, pleas to support one side or the other, it's just too much for me to take. Another friend of mine wrote this on her blog too so I know I'm not the only one out there that thinks it's crazy.
I'm glad that people feel passionately about causes, but I think there are ways to have your voices heard without sick outs, without picket signs that are so inappropriate I have to sheild them from my kids, without all this drama. I believe, and am trying to bring my kids up, that you might not like everything that goes on in our city, state or country government but you need to respect the process. Respect those that were voted in as our leaders even if you disagree with them. We are fortunate to live in this country where we have the right to vote and make decisions and if you don't like it there are ways to have your voice heard without disrespecting the process.
It's just sad that so many have forgotten mutal respect for others with differing opinions and people no longer respect our Democratic process.
And that's enough for me on politics, it's typically not a topic I discuss but it has been wieghing heavily on me so I had to get it out.
On another stressful note, I'm getting more stressed with my family that is living with me. They continue to work and pay bills and help when they can, it's just the small stuff. I know you shouldn't sweat the small stuff but after while it just continues to compound itself and becomes too much. My husband and I just booked a trip to Vegas in April and I can't wait!! It will be a chance to just let go and enjoy the quiet. Funny that one can get quiet in Vegas, doesn't seem possible but it will happen and it will be ENJOYED!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm with you, I don't care to discuss politics much either since it's part of my everyday life at work, however, my blog is the only place I feel that I can vent about it. I'm avoiding facebook more and more and finding that I'm blocking people because I'm sick of all the articles, links, etc...that they keep posting about it. I sometimes see the same article link posted 5 times within an hour because it's just going around the "facebook world". Ugh. Hopefully soon our leaders can get this resolved and my work environment won't be as stressful - but I think that's wishful thinking. Hang in there, friend :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh, and can I come along to Vegas? ;)
ReplyDeleteBut of course you can hang in Vegas with me!!! We're staying at the Aria, it's one of the hotels at the new convention center. I actually am looking forward to getting a drink, plopping myself down on a comfy chair and people watch :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so with you on all the FB stuff. It's really overwhelming and frustrating. I thought it was a social website meaning, connecting with friends, family etc not a political campaign LOL