I got my annual increase today and it's 2%. Now I don't want to seem grateful because I am. I'm happy and thankful for my job and I have gone without a raise in the past. But I kicked ass in my performance last year and I'm not the only one and all we get is 2%. The company is making money so it's not for lack of a profit. It just is really disheartening. Why would I want to work so hard if I'm not going to be rewarded.
Well I will work hard, it's my nature. I have a very high work ethic and won't accept anything less than my all.
I just wanted to vent so thanks for listening.
On the running front, I got another new pair of shoes, the other new ones were no good, these new ones are a keeper. I really am excited to see the temps on the rise so I can hit some pavement baby!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'd kill for 2%. I kicked ass too, and I carried lots of extra responsibilities, but once you reach a certain level in the government you don't get raises any more. You get a bonus if there's money for one, but there isn't, AND we haven't gotten a cost ofliving increase in a couple years, AND as of April 20th, our take him pay will decrease by 5.8% due to Walker's new plan. Guess I'm the one venting now :)
ReplyDelete