Monday, May 9, 2011

Pure JOY

The weekend was just Pure JOY. Race day was WONDERFUL. I started the run and I didn't think it was going to be a good day, I couldn't get my breath right and felt tired but then I just hit my groove.

The course was hilly (as they warned) but it was funny when we drove the course it didn't seem to be too bad with exception of one big hill. Well actually running it I could feel those hills. It wasn't so much the going up that was the hardest part....coming down was just as hard and I could feel my legs working overtime.

Mile 5 did yield some nice entertainment....the water station was manned by Pirates...Yep everyone was dressed up and it really made me smile. You just couldn't help but laugh and be happy that you were participating in the day's festivities. There was also a person dressed in a gorilla outfit that was at one of the water stations too. Good stuff.

I did finish, I wanted to finish in 2:45 but with the hills I was happy to finish in 2:48. I'll take it!!!

The remainder of the weekend was beautiful and I enjoyed the sites and tastes of Door County. Mother's Day was calm and peaceful and I didn't do much of anything, just the way I like it :)

What's on tap...a trip to Myrtle Beach and then I'll start to focus on some weight loss exercising before training starts up for the September 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment