I ran outside yesterday for the first time since my training. This I was nervous about, and I guess I shouldn't have been it went fine. I started with the wind in my face so I thought that might slow me down a little but pace seemed to be good, better than when I'm on the treadmill. Perhaps its because I have scenery going by. When I was out of the wind, it was a touch warm but it was nice. Hopefully spring has sprung and feeling the warm sun on my face will become an everyday occurrence (hey a girl can dream can't she LOL). Once I had the wind at my back I felt it gave me a little extra boost. I came home stretched and was actually proud of my accomplishment. Running to the beat of my keys in running bag was peaceful. I have missed the peaceful runs I've had, just listening to the birds, cars, trees, wind. I vow that after training is done I WILL KEEP RUNNING this time!!! It doesn't have to be as strict as when I'm in training mode but just remembering all the great things about running outdoors and how it helps me become a little more peaceful should be motivation enough!
I plan on getting in another 20 min run outside today as well before coloring Easter Eggs. It should be a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good for you! I actually can't wait to run outside myself. I'm just waiting for it to get a bit warmer in the morning.
ReplyDeleteGood job!
ReplyDelete