Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Continuing.....

To walk and be active yet I still feel like a cow. I actually was in tears yesterday before we went off to the State Fair because I thought I looked like a cow that might be mistakenly put up for auction. Why do I continue to have this struggle?? I don't think I'll ever find an answer but its just frustrating.

We did go off to the Fair yesterday and I was frustrated with my kids....I want I want I want. The trouble is they weren't asking for things out of the ordinary, food, games, rides, its just right now money is tight and I can't give them everything. But I also think I was frustrated because I they were being selfish. I wanted to look through all the vendors to see what was for sale, I wanted to see the animals, watch the horse riding championship etc. We did those things but there was attitude. The kids are getting older and I understand that the things that may have delighted them as a toddler don't necessarily do it now but sheesh. I feel as if I've raised selfish kids that aren't willing to compromise to let others be happy as well. I know that's not the case but it sure felt like it yesterday.

Good News....I'm setting aside May 23, 2010 to run my 3rd 1/2 marathon. It will be in Madison and my friends Joy and Joe have slated this one for themselves and I asked if I could join them. I'm hoping Karen will also want to run this with me. She has been my running inspiration and I'm hoping that we can cross that finish line together!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be a cow with you. I've been in a foul mood all week because all my clothing feels tight and I feel like a fat pig. I've been super irritable too, so maybe there's something bigger than us that's running amuck and causing this negativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Denise...so sorry your feeling this way but I really do understand. I have been there so many times it is almost scary. When I get that way, I have to look at myself in the mirror and really think of who I am and what I have become. Does size really matter? Will I be a better person if I'm skinny? Will people love me more? I know my weight will always be a struggle but I really am happy. You have 2 beautiful children...they will grow out of this stage, trust me... you have a husband who loves you and you are a wonderful friend to a lot of people!!! And WOW...your smile is so over the top. Don't forget that you run in marathons to help raise money for a worthy cause.

    Hang in there my friend.

    ReplyDelete