Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No news...

Nope, no news to report. Guess things have been a little boring lately and that's OK. I am excited for the kids to start school. Man they need it!! They've been bickering back and forth so I'll be very excited for the sibling bickering to be put on the back burner.

We did have another successful pig roast. Its so wonderful to see everyone and have so many people at our home. I grew up not wanting to invite people over because of my home life situation and to now have a family and home of my own I look forward to such get togethers. J thinks our house is too small for so many guests but I don't mind. And I would hope that our guests don't mind much either since they continue to come enjoy a summer day with us each year.

I think I've picked out my next run date...May 23, 2010. The Madison 1/2 marathon. I hear its really good and my hair dresser loves that run and has done it many years in the past so that was encouraging. My friends Joy and Joe plan on running it as well. Hopefully both of them will be healthy. I'm hoping Karen will run it with me and maybe we can cross the finish line together. Not sure if I posted that yet or not, if so, sorry you have to read it again LOL.

Not much else to report. Any one want to go to Germany with me?? Lodging would be free/cheap as I have a friend that's there now with her husband who's in the military. Depending on where we go we can stay at their place or at US military bases that rent rooms that are like little apartments. J is not sure he wants to go yet he doesn't want me to go alone. I'm tossing up the whole family going but I'm not sure the kids would enjoy the trip or if I'd enjoy it with them going. My fear is that they would complain and whine about all the walking etc. Perhaps I'd be wrong, they certainly were good on vacation this year and I didn't expect it. Perhaps my kids would enjoy themselves. I guess I'll discuss it with the family and figure out costs and stuff and see if we can all swing it. But if one of my friends wanted to go with me let me know, J would probably prefer that as he's not into international travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment