Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Drama and Cooking

So there's been drama in the neighborhood block watch that really has upset me. Its really unbelievable the way that grown people can act. I'm not in the center of all of this drama which is good, I make it my point to stay clear of that type of garbage but it really surprises me the actions of some grown adults.

Last night I started the process of homemade spaghetti sauce. I juiced the tomatoes and man my arm hurts! Its hard work putting tomatoes through a food mill! I plan on cooking the sauce tonight to thicken it up and ensure that its seasoned just right and then to the canning jars it goes. Tomorrow I will make another batch of jalapeno poppers and possibly some apple sauce. I need to finish up my first batch of apples. I also need to make a pie for a gathering on Friday. I am so very happy when I'm in the kitchen making stuff. Its a great stress reliever for me.

Today my friend Karen is having surgery, she's in my thoughts and prayers that all goes smoothly! She should be home this afternoon and hopefully resting comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment