So it's another Tuesday and I'm feeling good. I haven't had a major case of the crankies since acupuncture which is WONDERFUL. It's a great feeling to feel as if I'm back to my old self. I know I'm not fully cured but with continued treatment I'm feeling optimistic.
I'd also like to take some time to say how lucky we were.....Last week with the rains that came through we had some flooding, the water was coming through our basement window, it was like someone turned on a faucet. Items were ruined and carpeting needed to be dried but we were lucky. I think of my brother and SIL who had at least 3 ft of water in their basement and water coming through their front door. One stranded motorist on their street had to swim to safety. Crazy I tell you! They lost all the big items in the basement and 1 of their cars has been totalled, their SUV is having problems too and may also be totalled, all depends on what the insurance company says. There are so many stories as theirs that I'm feeling lucky that I only had minor issues. All the families with major storm damage to their homes, cars and everything else my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Another reason to feel lucky, is I have my health. My cousin's husband when to get a melanoma removed from his back and they thought it could be cancerous. They didn't tell anyone until Friday and stated that testing would be done by Monday and they'd let us know the results. Well power of prayer worked and he is cancer free! I'm very excited for them, I know that must have been a difficult time for them.
I also have a friend who's grandfather is dying. He comes every summer to spend time with family and he told them all he has cancer and there is nothing that can be done. He's been given 9 months or so to live. I know my friend is having a hard time with this. She is very close to her Grandfather. I know that I'm lucky to have my Grandfather still with me. He will be 90 this year so I know that he is aging and won't always be with us. He is special to me as he was really my only father figure as a kid. He would have me sit on his lap and he would just scratch my back for hours. There would always be an ample supply of cookies, gum and love when I would visit their house. I'm happy to have those memories and I'm happy to continue making more with him while he's alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment