So acupuncture has been going well and I've been feeling really good. Even my daughter made a comment that I wasn't so crabby all the time and that made me feel good. The only thing that hasn't changed has been my weight and that's been frustrating so I talked to the acupuncturist yesterday and he will be helping me with that. But I did have to step on the scale and man it was a rude awakening. The number isn't what I thought it was and it really opened my eyes. I'm not taking care of myself well that stops now! It has to!! Today is a new day! I'm taking some different Chinese herbs to go along with the other ones for my mood and they are supposed to help my metabolism. Plus I need to commit to a regular exercise program. Which brings me to my run next month.....
I'm not sure I should do it. I haven't trained well at all. I'm physically not ready and I'm not mentally either. Do I take that into consideration and say "don't do the run, take care of myself?" Or do I just do the run no matter how bad I'll feel? I'm not sure what to do. I am planning an hour and a half run this weekend so I'll see how that goes and perhaps make my decision then. I'm leaning to not doing it at all and set that goal for next year.
So as of today I am taking care of myself! I am making myself a priority! I am feeling better now that my hormones are in place, now I just want to be happy with my appearance and I want to be healthy!!! I am worth the effort and I deserve to be happy with myself.
Now if I can just remember that during the hard times that would be good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

See how your 90 minute run goes - if it feels like hell, I would skip the September half, so you don't risk injuring yourself. And how fun is it to do a race if you don't feel you can run it strong? If the long run feels okay, keep the OH a possibility.
ReplyDelete