Sunday, April 17, 2011

Forever and a Day

Since I've been able to blog about anything. With the restrictions at work I can no longer blog or check blogs at work. It was actually part of my morning routine that I would complete so I kind of miss that.

But anyway, The 1/2 is coming up really soon and I'm very excited and feeling strong. I ran yesterday for 2 hours (I'm guessing a 10 mile run or so). I was stuck indoors as I don't have appropriate running gear for cold/snow. I felt strong and I definitely could keep going. My outdoor runs have been strong. I'm around a 10 minute mile (which is good for me). I know that my first miles are stronger than my last miles. At this point I don't care. I'm just there to finish and to believe in myself again. I'm looking forward to that feeling, the feeling that I can conquer anything.

Now off the topic or running....I am possibly looking at a vacation in Colorado....Estes Park area and definitely some time in the Rocky Mountains...any recommendations or information anyone can share.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! 10 minute miles over long distance is fast! Faster than I can manage :) Been to RMNP and the Estes area a ton of times. Would you be camping or looking for hotels? There's a ton of great hiking to be had in RMNP. We should get togetehr - pour over photo albums from CO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer, no more blog checking!!! WTH!
    PS - MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I should clarify....my early miles are the 10 minute miles...I'm sure the later miles taper off as they've done in the past. But I feel good and that's a good thing. Let's plan on getting together and we'll talk. I'm looking hotels, not sure I'm ready to "rough it"

    ReplyDelete