Sunday, January 11, 2009

First post

OK, so a lot of people I know blog so I thought, hey why not give it a try. I've just started training for my second 1/2 marathon so I thought it would be a good way to track my progress.

So, its Sunday and I'm watching reruns of American Idol season 7 with my daughter. Both her and I are excited about the up coming season starting on Tuesday. May sound corney for an grown adult to love the show but I do. I actually started watching it during season 2. I know this because I feel as if it were just yesterday. I was so unhappy about myself and how I looked so I took things into my own hands and I joined Weight Watchers and lost weight and now I feel better about myself. There are days that I struggle with always having to make the right food choices and having to exercise. There are some days that I don't win that battle but I am better than I was several years ago.

So, training for the 1/2 marathon.....week 1 in the books. Today, for the start of week 2 I had 40 mins of training to complete and I struggled some because of hormonal exhaustion. I did get it done and I completed just over 5 miles in that time so I'm not too disappointed. I'm sure it could have been better but I will take what I've been given. Tomorrow I'm headed for my cardio kickboxing class. I'm looking forward to it, it seems to kick my ass but in a good way.

Well, I guess that's enough for my first post....

4 comments:

  1. Hey Denise,

    So we're both entering the world of blog! I'll keep up with yours as you keep up with mine. I'll cheer you on as you train and remind you to stretch, stretch and stretch some more! And work the core :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Glad you joined and I'll definitely be tuning in to keep up on you and the rest of the Fidlers :) By the way, keep up the great job on training!!!! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys...Funny as I have no idea what to say in the blog so we'll see what happens LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Denise! Great blog start!! I am sure I will catch up to everyone someday...

    ReplyDelete