Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Wednesday

So its Wednesday, a rest day for me in terms of training. I've had 3 days in a row with activity so I'm welcoming the break. Monday was my Cardio Kickboxing class and it was the first time that I felt I did well and didn't fully feel as if I got my ass kicked. Don't get me wrong, the class still kicked my ass but in a good way. Yesterday was 4 miles on the elliptical as I opted not to run on the treadmill at work. Tomorrow I've got 3 planned for the treadmill.

You know its funny, as I'm seeing my body tone up a little from the exercising and being back on plan, and with as good as I'm feeling I'm wondering why in the world I stopped in the first place. Why does that happen? I'm feeling good, starting to like my body and the way my clothes are fitting so why wouldn't I want that feeling all the time? I could blame it on my hormonal issues but that is just one part, the rest is mind over matter I suppose. Well hopefully this time around I'll keep up my routine and not let it pass to the wayside.

I am looking forward to "re-charging" this weekend. One of my best friends and I take a weekend every year in January to veg and enjoy each others company. We started this back in college as a way to "re-charge" before the new college semester, now we use it as a time to catch up with eachother and take off our mommy and wife hats and have no responsibility. In past years we would get spa services as well. Typically a facial and massage but this year we aren't. Funds are low and I just can't justify pampering myself even more than I already am by going away for the weekend. I'm also looking forward to the following weekend where I get to spend some time with my HCW's (Hot Chicken Wings). We're a bunch of ladies from accross the state that met on the Weight Watchers message boards. Funny place to meet but we all get a long and try to see eachother on a regular basis. This is the second HCW weekend and I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady! Welcome to the world of blogging. :) Enjoy your DOR and your weekend. You deserve a break from Wife and Mom, that's for sure.

    I can't wait to get together next weekend! Moon Mountain, here we come!

    ReplyDelete