Its Friday and man am I tired. I could seriously crawl back into bed and fall asleep, but alas work awaits my arrival after the kids are off to school.
Yesterday another 4 miles was scheduled and I was able to do it! My body had energy and I succeeded in getting in the mileage and then made it off to volleyball. So my volleyball team appears to be super competitive. I don't mind that but the trouble is when someone shanks a ball they get upset at themselves and it affects the rest of their play. Now I don't know these people so I just try to stay up beat and cheer them on but man the attitude of one of the girls was just down right silly. Its a game people, you're not trying to win a gold medal here, I think if you win the #1 spot you get extra beer.....Certainly not my motivator. I'm out there to have a good time, to continue to get exercise and just have fun. Why don't others see it that way. I mean if you've had a bad day then just smack the ball to take out your aggressions, it works.
OK, off the soapbox now. I'm hoping that my body has enough energy for tomorrow's big run. Although tomorrow is only 30 minutes and I've been doing that with my 4 milers. I may extend the time because of only getting in 1 mile on Tuesday, we'll see how I feel. The house needs cleaning too (I wish it would clean itself).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm on board with the self-cleaning house, man!!
ReplyDeleteI hate overly-competitive people like that. That's why I don't play those types of games anymore. I don't have very good eye-hand coordination AT ALL and I always irritate the overly-competitive people.
Whatever happened to team spirit?!