Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Reason???

So after I posted yesterday and the day went on my middle toe was bothering me on my right foot. Now I've got issues with my right foot and my big toe is not straight and it rubs against the middle toe, I had a few issues during training in Napa so I expected the same now. So when I got home I checked it out I have a huge blister on my middle toe. I did feel this while running and it was uncomfortable so that could have been part of my reason for cutting the run short. I felt this during my run on Monday.

So, I think the way to solve that problem is to finally buy a new pair of shoes. My shoes were hand me downs so they had wear and tear on them before I even stepped into them. But I never thought I would become the runner I am today so I never invested in a new pair. After Napa I thought, yeah, I'll keep running and get some new shoes, but it never happened. Then I signed up for the run in May, do you think I'd get a new pair yet???? Um no, so tonight after I deliver GS cookies I'm headed to REI to check out their selection. Its a rest day for me so that's definately good, so the blister can heal and then tomorrow's run can be done with some new shoes!!!

Hope I can find something!!

1 comment:

  1. Denise,
    Forget about REI - go to Rodiez's on Hwy 100 and Lincoln. They're the running experts. They'll fit you for the exact right shoe for you - they have a "lane" you can run down to try the shoes out. Plus they're close to home :)

    ReplyDelete