A's basketball team won their first game last night! They did great and really pulled it out. They lead for the whole game and at the end the other team tied it up but the girls got 1 more score under 2 minutes to go and then their defense held up and didn't let the other girls score. What a great moment for all the girls, they were jumping up and down and really excited and they deserved it. All their efforts and the efforts of the coaches are paying off so that's just wonderful to see. After the game the kids all went to Pop's (a custard stand), I had a friend coming over to work out during American Idol so I had J take her.
Another first, E came home yesterday with a form for a soccer camp that's coming up and he wants to join. He NEVER wants to join anything so I immediately said YES. It's $50 for 6 weeks but if he wants to then I don't want to deny him, especially since he showed the interest. And as luck would have it, I don't know where in the world I put the darn form. I can't find it ANYWHERE. So I had J write a note to the teacher asking to send home another one.
On the workout front, yesterday's workout was good, not great. I was tired (it was after 7 when we started) but I pulled through. I ate a piece of wheat bread with some peanut butter about 20 min before the work out and during my run I got a side stitch so I didn't run as much as I wanted to but it was still good. I then went to the elliptical (we switch so we do 30 min on the TM and 30 on the elliptical) and I put the resistance up higher and kept it at a certain speed and managed so all in all it was good. I'm happy to say that the scale also went in a downward motion again this week so that's just wonderful. My efforts are paying off and I feel as if I'm taking control once again! It feels great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're on a roll now and rolls can become habit! I'm so happy you're making the time for your own well-being!
ReplyDelete