Monday, January 25, 2010

Holy Work outs Batman

So J is working out and eating better this New Year for his "Biggest Loser" contest at work. I'm glad he's doing well and we are supporting each other. For his workouts he has been watching a movie, and truth be told I've been a little jealous because I don't feel I have the time for such a long work out. I guess it just doesn't fit in with my other "mom" duties. So over the weekend I decided that before I clean and do other things, I would take my time with my work outs and watch a movie. So Saturday I decided to watch Twilight. A got it for Christmas so I worked out for the whole movie, over 2hrs. I was so darn proud of myself and I wasn't bored at all so that was a plus. On Sunday I decided that I again was going to work out to a movie, so it was Atlantis. Yes, it is the Disney version of Atlantis, but I remember when the kids were younger they loved that movie so I did another work out...I didn't finish the whole movie but I worked out for 70 mins. Then I helped E with some homework on the computer for the rest of the movie.

Point is I didn't feel guilty for taking that time, it felt good. I may not be able to do that during the week but weekends should be fine. I deserve that time and I can knock out a ton of movies I haven't seen or haven't seen in a long time.

The rest of the weekend was good. Now I do just have to vent for a moment. So most of you know I have issues with my mom, I love her but I don't care for her choices and truthfully I can't seem to get over her decisions that affected so many lives. I don't blame her for the decisions she made at that time, she was young and immature as it would appear but I do fault her for her actions now. She isn't truthful about the past and she has no clue as to how many lives she's affected. Well anyway, when I went away for my weekend with my friend she took the kids out to eat. I had a Steak-N-Shake gift card so I figured that would be perfect for her and the kids since J and I are trying to be more healthy. The gift card (which was a gift) had $10 written on the sleeve, apparently that was wrong and it was only $5. So she had to use her own money to pay for lunch. She told the kids and J that she was mad at me that weekend. Whatever, you could have stayed in for lunch, it was her choice to go out. Well this weekend she mentioned it to me, how she was mad at me and was so embarrassed. I told her it wasn't my fault, it was a gift and there were more embarrassing things that could happen. Later at A's basketball game I was working the concession stand and she sends E over to tell me that I owe her $20 for lunch.....SERIOUSLY??? I just ignored the comment but it frustrates me to no end. I swear the only reason she watches her grand kids is because she wants to get a free meal out of the deal or her clothes need washing. It's just really frustrating is all. I'm tired of it and one day I'm afraid I'm just going to blow up at her. Not that she doesn't deserve it, it's just that is not what I want to happen. I know I can't have a serious conversation with her either, because somehow it will be all my fault. I just have to learn to let things go with her, let them roll off my back and just move on. It's just hard is all.

OK, gripe over LOL. Thanks for listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment