Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Pound

A pound equals:
- 4 sticks of butter
-a loaf of bread
- 512 M&M's
- The amount of weight I lost this week
That's right, I lost my first pound of 2010 and it feels great. I'm jazzed about it because it's the first step in the right direction. I've eaten healthy this week, I've exercised very good and the reward is a loss on the scale. J lost a pound this week too but he's not as happy, he thinks he should lose more but I know better. I know that a pound or 2 is what you should lose a week. That's the healthy recommendation and that's what I did last time I really focused on WW. Each pound I lose I visualize the 4 sticks of butter that were somewhere on my body and they are now gone....gone forever!

Last night my friend Andrea came over to workout. We're making it an weekly Tuesday event. I did 30 min on the elliptical and 30 min on the treadmill and then some really good stretching. It felt great and it was nice to have a work out partner. She'll be training with me for the 1/2 marathon in May. I just hope that I can inspire both Andrea and Ann the way that Karen inspired me to run.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire people in ways you don't even realize. I'm so glad to be a part of this journey with such amazing women.

    ReplyDelete