Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Good Workouts

The past 2 days I had good workouts. Last week I was tired and didn't work out as much as I had been doing so for me to be back on track this week is a good feeling. It wasn't a struggle, I didn't stop, I didn't make excuses I just went back to working out and I was just as strong with a couple days off. I think it's key that I listen to my body and do what I can. Something is better than nothing.

Last night I also watched some of the Biggest Loser. I've never watched the show before. J and I couldn't turn it off, we stayed glued to the TV to see their workouts, weigh In's and challenges. It was pretty interesting and motivating. Here are people that are very over weight and they want to live so they are making changes that are needed to make that happen. Even the guy that got booted off last night, they showed him now and he's still working with the tools he learned while he was on the show and he lost over 100lbs and he's still losing. It's great to see and gives me the inspiration that I can do this too. I don't have the amount of weight that those individuals need to lose but it shows that with hard work and making better food choices that I will become a healthier me and show my kids these life lessons as well.

I recall a few years ago after I did Weight Watchers the first time around I inspired someone to join and get healthy, well that's my goal...to inspire people. Over the years I've realized that I'm happiest when I feel I'm helping others. It doesn't matter if it's weight loss, through charity, through friendship, through helping the Girl Scout troop, it's about people and helping others....by helping others perhaps it will inspire them to do the same, kind of a Pay it Forward type of mentality. Perhaps that's corney but it is me we're talking about :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are on the right track. Keep up the good work. Don't push yourself and work out everyday. Giving yourself a few days off or even a week sometimes really helps your body recover.

    ReplyDelete