So On Saturday I had a 4 mile run on the books and it went GREAT!!! I ran first thing in the morning and didn't eat anything but did have a Clif's Shot Blok before the work out and that gave me some energy that I was lacking. I took another one at the hour mark of running along with some water and that was my only break during the run. It really felt good and it was a strong run.
I have been getting the feeling that my left foot is falling asleep while running so I figured my shoes have outlived themselves although they look great. So I made a trip to REI on Saturday and picked out some shoes. I tried them out yesterday during my 2.5 mile run and well...they have to go back. I had the start of a blister forming on one of my toes and they just weren't very comfortable. I currently have the Ascic's 1140 and these were Ascic's 1150 (or something like that) so I'll see if they actually have the ones that I currently am using for running, otherwise I'll try a different pair to see if that helps.
So there was a lesson learned, I didn't get down that I couldn't complete the 3 mile run and I took my rest day on Friday as I should instead of trying to make up the time and Saturday's run was strong. So was Sunday's....so I was right in listening to my body and taking a break when needed and not trying to push myself. Just do what I can and know that if I'm not having a strong run that day, it's OK.....it will pass. Just listen to my body and avoid injury, that's what's important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hey there! so just clicking next thru the blogs i found yours. i know when i write things, i just wish for encouraging words lol sympathizing with me ha. anyways, traingin sounds like youve been giving it a good shot, so keep it up. the thing about the marathon in may is that with or without you, it will go on! so be there for it! you cant stop may from coming, but you can be ready for it when it does. good luck!
ReplyDelete