Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week 1 Done

Week 1 of training is in the books and because I've been such a dork lately, most of my runs were "week 2" schedule. That's OK, I'm glad I got the runs in and it's better to do more than less right??

Tonight I've got 2.5 miles on tap, I'm not feeling 100% but I'll get it in, regardless if it's walking or running. Something is better than nothing and I'm determined to train the right way this go around.

I continue to feel strong on my runs. Saturday I was to do 4 miles...I did but some of it was walking briskly. Actually most of it was but Sunday's 2.5 mile run was strong. Weird how you can feel each day. I'm thinking Saturday could have been because I didn't have proper fuel before the run. I have a hard time eating anything before I run. If I run too soon after I eat, I get a side stitch, so I ate only a Nature Valley Bar. I'm guessing that wasn't enough. I need to get to REI to pick up some Luna Bars. I recall last year I would eat those before a run and those worked nicely. Perhaps tomorrow I can get there, I don't have to teach because of Ash Wednesday, we've go the day off.

As for Lent, this year my class as stated I should give up candy. Well wouldn't you know it, a co-worker filled my candy dish today LOL. I guess I'll have temptation right in front of me so we'll see how strong I can be. I was thinking of ditching the coffee as well. I usually don't drink it to "get me going" it's more of a hot drink to warm me when I first get into the office. But I mix my coffee with cappuccino so that's not the healthiest. So perhaps I'll add that to my list.

Not too much else going on...which is good.

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with eating at 4a.m. before I work-out. They're saying you need at least 1-2 hours for your stomach to digest food before exercise. If you can't wait that long, it's best to have liquid or semi-liquid complex carbs before and during your work-out. I'm still trying to figure out what works for me, but for the past 2 weeks I've been having about 100 calories worth of Clif Shot Blocks before I get to the gym and that's been working. Shot Blocks are the perfect combo of complex and simple carbs. I'm just sayin' :)

    Hey, wanna do the Blarney 5k with us on 3/13 in Tosa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3/13 should work, and Tosa is not that far away so if needed I could leave the kids home alone for a little while. I'll search for a link and check it out. And, I need to make a run to REI to stock up on some stuff.

    ReplyDelete