Saturday, April 24, 2010

9 miles

I ran 9 miles yesterday and it was wonderful!! I felt strong and made sure I was hydrated and refueled with my Clif's Shot Bloks. I didn't hit the pavement until 4:20 and ran 2 hours. I passed some resturaunts and I'm typically not a huge fan of Pizza Hut but it smelled GOOD!!! I was suprised at some of the hills that I was able to complete. I was thinking because this long wrong was happening at the end of the day I wouldn't be able to run some of the hills, and I was OK with that. So I was super amazed when I actually made it up them with ease. There were a couple times that my heart rate was a bit high so I took a walking break outside my normal run 9 minutes walk 1 minute pace. I brought the heart rate down and then back to running I went.

I think I surprised myself in a good way. Yesterday a friend of mine put together a day of prayer between friends. We all added items to the list and we would all pray for them. I did ask that she pray for me to have the strength, courage and the confidence in myself for my the 1/2 marathon. You all know that I occasionally struggle with confidence in myself at times so I just wanted to be sure I had all the support I could behind me and I really felt it.

I'm looking forward to a lazy weekend, it's rainy and icky and I'm happy to have my long run out of the way today!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Denise! Now it's taper time - get plenty of rest next week. I hope you have fabulous weather. I'll be beaming you up on the 1st :)

    ReplyDelete