Monday, July 19, 2010

A good workout

Yesterday morning it looked like rain so I decided to keep my workouts indoors. I hit the elliptical for 35 minutes, punched the punching bag for awhile (which was WONDERFUL- a great way to release stress) and then did some push ups and planks. I felt good, even this morning I can tell I worked out those muscles and they feel wonderful. Could it be that acupuncture is actually working and getting me feeling better and motivated to workout and live my life without the fear of being cranky, too tired or unmotivated? I guess time will tell if I'm just having a good week or if there is some truth to the acupuncture. I go for my 3rd session today and I find myself looking forward to it.

Yesterday was also the Napa to Sonoma run in CA. My friend Karen ran again this year with CCFA. It brings me back to my first memories of wanting to run a half marathon. Karen made it sound so wonderful and the scenery of running in Napa really appealed to me. Running with CCFA was a wonderful experience but overwhelming with the training and the commitment to fundraising. But I'm so happy that I ran it. I met new friends that I still have contact with today (waving to Joy and Joe) and I've learned so much from these people. No matter how much I've struggled I've still had these people in my corner. Cheering me on, pushing to be a better runner and a better person.

I will be drawing on their strength, support and experience as I gear up for my 4th 1/2 marathon in September. Thanks Guys!!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you and all the running and activites you do! I need to get back here more often for more motivation!! Smoooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Napa really kicked off our running "careers", didn't it? Before Napa the thought of running was awful. I didn't think I could be a runner. And here you are coming up on your 4th half marathon! You gotta pick a great one for your 5th....

    ReplyDelete