Friday, July 16, 2010

Why is it...

That my mom continues to frustrate me so? So here's the latest, my aunt and uncle were having a birthday party for their son (this is the family I was a surrogate for...I can't believe it's been 6 years already, amazing how time flies). When they were in the planning process my aunt sent out an email asking family which date worked better for us. Everyone responded and based on that and their schedule she set up a date that was last week Saturday. My mom's computer went down at home so she wasn't able to check emails (she didn't realize she could check emails from any active computer that has Internet but that's another story) so when we got back from Germany she asked when the party was. I told her and she indicated that she was working. I also then showed her how to check her emails from another computer and she sat at my computer for over an hour reading them so she would have seen the date then as well.

So at the party my aunt and uncle asked where she was and I said working, my aunt was under the impression that she had off on Saturdays. I thought so too but there are times that she has worked and I can't keep track of my own schedule how can I keep track of hers too?

Yesterday was my niece's birthday so my mom called and then talked to my brother and she found out that the party was this past weekend. Her comment was "I thought it was in a couple of weeks?" She then proceeded to tell my brother "I don't know what the hell is wrong with your sister, she knew my computer didn't work so she should have told me". Ummm I DID TELL YOU. I get blamed for all of this type of garbage. This is your brother's son, you should be following up on your own to find out when things are. It is not my responsibility since you know I have kids and work and this and that.

I got an email this morning from my aunt stating that my mom called them last night crying and apologizing for not being there. They told her not to worry about it that it wasn't a big deal. I have no doubt that when I see her on Sunday that I will hear about this and she will make it a big deal. I on the other hand will not make this a big deal and I will NOT LET HER MAKE THIS MY FAULT. I'm just sick and tired of being blamed for things that are her issue, not mine. She's 63 years old, she needs to GROW UP.

OK, sorry for the vent, I just needed to let it out.

On a better note, my second session of acupuncture was yesterday and it went well.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say something to make you feel better about this. Your mom is not a very nice person and how she treats you is appalling. One thing you can be proud of yourself for is you haven't adopted any of her qualities and you are a kind, supportive, amazing mother and friend.

    ReplyDelete