Monday, October 11, 2010

Shred

I finished the Slim in 6 exercise program and although the scale didn't move much I did tone up and became stronger. By the end of the 6 weeks the exercises that I thought were tough became easy. I definately increased my arm strength and that makes me happy. I was able to complete the push up section which has always been a struggle for me.

Today I will start The 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. It's only a 20 minute work out so I'll have to see if I need to add something more to my daily workouts. There are 3 different levels of the workout meaning you start on level one, then go to two and then three. I'm not sure at what days you move to the next level, I guess I'll find that out tonight. Perhaps I can combine the levels for a longer workout. We'll see. I might just add some walking in since this week is supposed to be another week of warm weather. It will be nice to walk outside and hear the crunching of the leaves under foot.

On another note, I talked with my brother yesterday. This is my brother from Illinios and it's only been a few years that I've known he was my brother and can I just say that it was a WONDERFUL talk. I really am blessed and feel so fortunate to have this added family to my life. When I was little I longed for a bigger family, to have people that lived closer to us. All our family was a couple hours away. I understand now that because of my mom's lies she put distance between family and us and it was hard growing up. It didn't help that we had an aweful situation that we were living in and there was no one to help, it was just us. Talking with family now they had no idea what had happened to us as kids and it's not there fault and I'm not sure they would have been able to do anything. It wasn't something that we talked about when we saw family or anyone for that matter. No one wants to come out and say they have been abused and that their stepfather is a drunk blah blah blah. But on a positive note, if I didn't have the childhood I had I'm afraid I wouldn't be as grateful or thankful for the many wonderful things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment