Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 6

I'm on the final week of my Slim in 6 workout program. My knee is feeling a little sore with all the squats and lunges so it will be nice to move on to something else.

Over the past 6 weeks I see myself toning, which is good. The scale has gone down 4 and then back up 2 so I'm not pleased about that but, again, I'm toning and doing more strength training. At the beginning of this program it was difficult for me to do 3 or 4 push ups, now I'm pumping out 25 at a pop. So I'm seeing positive differences and I need to focus on those and not necessarily the scale.

What's next????

Well I just ordered Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred so I'll be doing that for 30 days to see how that goes. There is more cardio in that workout so hopefully that will help with the scale movement.

After the 30 Day Shred I need to take a look at what runs I want to do next year. I WILL DEFINITELY BE DOING THE AIR FORCE 1/2 MARATHON IN SEPTEMBER!!! I didn't do it this year and I vow to run that run next year. I am also thinking of doing one in Spring. The friends I ran with last year are both game again this year so I'm thinking I may sign up for one in Door County. We'll see but I really should start taking a look at what's out there and set some goals.

1 comment:

  1. Door County is a beautiful course, but pretty hilly. Another great one close to home in early April is the South Shore Half Marathon along the lake, or the Tarail Breaker Half in Waukesha in late March, and then again I know a lot of people love the Green Bay half in mid-May where you get to finish on Lambeau Field! So many races, so little time :)

    ReplyDelete