Monday, January 19, 2009

Relaxed....

So my weekend of relaxation was a success! I went away with my good friend Shelly to the Abbey Resort in Lake Geneva. This year due to low funds we didn't get a massage or facial but I was OK with that. We still had access to the spa area and they have a wonderful pool with nice tranquil music playing, so tranquil that I even dozed off for a little. I got in a great workout on Saturday morning. 3 miles run and all the different strength machines. I was supposed to run for 50 min but I forgot my ipod and I really got board on the TM so I did the weights. Friday night I also did 30 laps in the pool so I felt I could skip 20 min of running Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon was relaxing by the pool time, even a little nap was taken. We then did more laps in the pool, hit the hot tub, sauna and inhulation room. Good stuff to recharge my spirit.

So usually when I take these weekends I set a goal. My goal is to use my cookbooks more. So this past weekend I took a couple of my cookbooks along and went through them and wrote down some of the ones that sounded good and that the whole family would enjoy. We will now, as a family, pick 1 new recipe a week to try. Its a good way to try new things and do more things as a family. Perhaps that's corney but that's me, full of corneyness (not sure that's a word). Hopefully it will be a success for our family and we all spend quality time in the kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea for trying new recipes Denise!! I keep hoping R will be intrigued by something other than whatever is on the Food Network at that exact moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, Denise!! I'm jealous. Glad you could get away for a weekend and re-energize yourself!

    ReplyDelete