Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Struggle

So yesterday I attempted to do 4 miles of running per my training program. I knew it would be a struggle but and well I just wasn't up to the battle. I ran for a mile and it took everything I had and then I had to stop. I couldn't do any more, my body just wouldn't allow me to run another step. I was disppointed but I headed to the bike and rode for 5.5 miles. I felt a little better, not feeling that I gave up on a full workout but that I did what I could. I tried to feel like I still was victorious but I still had a feeling of disappointment. As I stretched and listened to my iPod I tried to relax a little and just be happy of the accomplishment of working out for 30 minutes.

I'm hoping tonight I can get in 3 miles on the elliptical, the 3 I missed yesterday. Its just so frustrating and a small thing like a woman's hormones can cause such an inbalance in our daily lives. I know that I've complained A LOT and I know I shouldn't. I have my heath and I can function on a daily basis. There are so many others who are having major issues in their lives and here I am moaning about my little woes.

My goal is to take things as they come. I can't control everything and I can only do what my body tells me I can do. I won't press myself to do more if I can't, I don't want to risk injury. I will also try to not be so hard on myself when I struggle. Things are out of my control and I can't do anything about it. I will appreciate what I can do and celebrate the victory in that accomplishment.

A quick thank you to the followers of the blog, shoot, I just started blogging and all I feel I do is complain, hopefully that will change. Well, I'll make an effort and hopefully I'll succeed.

On a good note, I just ready my annual review notes and its the best review that I've received in my current position. I'm very excited about that and that certainly boosts my mood in an upward direction. Its funny, I think I do my job well but never want to toot my own horn, its something I've never been good at, but it looks like my boss has recognized my contributions and I couldn't be more pleased. With my role on the team as the only non-technical individual its harder to prove myself and show that the functional work I do is an asset and helps this technical team I'm on.

I wish everyone a good day! Keep warm and well, lets enjoy the sunshine!

3 comments:

  1. Denise - You hang in there, sweetie! I don't think you're complaining at all. You're getting your feelings out, which is what you need to do. And if you don't get those 3 miles in today, it won't be the end of the world. I know it's hard to keep perspective when your hormones are out of control, but I think a bath and some quiet time might be more helpful than working out some times. Hang in there - I'm here for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go on and toot your own horn, and don't worry about complaining to us. I know how frustrating it is when your body won't cooperate with your plans for it. It's a major bummer, and you do suffer. No sense in comparing your degree of suffering to another's, cause if you feel it, it's real and that's all that counts. Stay the course, hopefully your doctor will have a game plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear no complaining here. This is what a blog is for hon - if people want to read, they will. And it's obvious from all the comments you receive that your friends want to know how you are, what you are up to, etc... SO, on that note, we love you and care about you. Keep venting away, and we'll just keep telling you how wonderful you are ;) Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete