Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reno...

Good news on the dog front, Reno is doing better. Thank God because I had said my good byes and shed my tears for MY first dog. Friday night I talked to the vet and he didn't know, based on the symptoms I described, what the issue was, his heart, a virus, he just didn't know. He said the older a dog gets the harder it is for them to recover and he knew that we wouldn't want him to suffer. After Jim came home from running errands I told him what the vet said, we saw Reno laying on the floor and as I stated "I wish I knew what to do", Jim replied with "You know what we need to do". And he was right, I didn't want him to suffer, he deserves more than that. I cried, snuggled with my pup and thought that Saturday morning we'd be taking him in.

Reno had other plans I guess because he ate some steak I gave him. This was the first bit of food he had since Wednesday (although he threw that all up). Since he ate 1 piece I gave him another and then another. He also ate 1/2 of a bun I had cooked. We were encouraged by him finally eating but again, were weary. Saturday morning he ate some of a bagel, eggs, sausage, ham and cheese. Jim called from work asking if he needed to come home to take him in and I said "no, he ate some food". After work he came home with a can of dog food and he enjoyed that. He actually drank out of his water dish (he had been eating snow and licking the ice in the back yard). He seemed to improve throughout the day.

Today (Sunday) he ate more of the canned dog food, he really gobbled it up and he ate some of his normal dry food. He even barked at some passer byers taking a walk. I've been able to get 2 days of his meds in (1 for his heart, the other for his back leg). I hope that he continues to improve because he's not 100% but at least with him eating I'm assured that he's not starving to death. This really puts my heart at ease, at least for a short while as he is 12 1/2 so I know his time may be coming soon. I'm just glad it wasn't this weekend.

Now about me, I started my BC pill today, its weird saying that, I don't have a uterus, Jim is fixed yet I have to be on BC. I'm hoping that it will help aide in my moods and the menopausal symptoms I've been experiencing. I'm headed for an ultra sound tomorrow which is a good thing because yesterday I had some pain. I'm hoping by them doing this ultra sound they are able to see something with the ovaries that might explain the pains. My assumption is its ovulation pain but I don't know if that can be seen on an ultra sound or not.

I did get in 8 miles on the elliptical today, which felt good. Tomorrow Jim will be moving my TM over as I really need to be getting these long distances on the TM until I can hit pavement. I'm a wimp, I'll admit it, I don't like the cold or wind and can't bring myself to run outside just yet.

OK, I've blabbed enough for one day, I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet as the kids are at their friends playing. We're also trying a new recipe today, Savory chicken crescent squares, we'll see how that turns out.

Thanks for your support everyone, it really means a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Denise! Im so glad to hear Reno's feeling a little better. Hope he continues to get healthy again! WTG on the 8miles!!

    ReplyDelete