So this week I had a hard time hitting my mileage on the running front. Perhaps its because I'm headed into my "tired" phase. I just made my 4 miles Tuesday and yesterdays 4 miles turned into 2. I know 2 is better than nothing and I did have volleyball last night as well so I'm getting in much needed activity. I just wish I knew what the issue was. I'm sure its just a bad week and next week I'll have lots of energy and bounce right back.
As for why else its a rough week, well I got home Wednesday to 11 area's where my dog Reno threw up. He just looked aweful and so sad. Well he seems to be on a decline. He has a heart problem and he's old. He's a big dog and he's 12 1/2 so he's up there in age for a bigger dog. We took pictures with him last night and he wasn't looking good and his heart rate was off. This morning he ate 2 peices of bread and just a lick or two of water. I'm going to try and give him is heart meds because he's been "coughing" (which is due to his heart, it causes fluid on his lungs). Its just rough because we don't know what to do. Is it time to put him down? Is it just a doggy flu and he'll recover? Its hard on the kids too. E spent a good portion of the evening crying and its hard to not be able to console your kids.
We don't know anything for sure so perhaps Reno will bounce back, we'll just wait and see. Now I'm off to go watch A in her Dance Assembly at school. She worked on a routine with a few other kids from her class and their ganna dance it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aw, Denise, I will keep my fingers crossed (and Roland and Roxanne will keep their paws crosssed) for Reno. I know how hard it is to watch dogs go through all of that.
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are all in my prayers.
Denise, I'm so sorry to hear about Reno. I'll be thinking about you. Call if you need anything. Hugs to you.
ReplyDelete