So hard to work out in the morning?? I woke up at 5 and headed downstairs for a run on the TM. I put in the Sweet Home Alabama movie(nope, haven't seen it yet) and attempted to do my run. I got 2 miles in (should have been 3) but I just wasn't feeling it. So, you early morning risers that work out, what's your secret?? Joy, Missy, Karen???? How do you do it? Do you eat first? I didn't and I'm not sure if that's the issue. Is it a mind over matter thing? Yesterday I had a wonderful run in the afternoon. 2 miles were done with ease and I would have done more but my stomach was not happy with me. Is it because I only plan on doing it once a week or so? Perhaps I'm shocking my body?? Your input on this topic is appreciated.
I am taking my daughter to skating tonight at the Petitt so I'll be walking around the track for more exercise so I'll be getting my mileage in today I just really wanted to have it all done this morning and the Petitt would have been the icing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey chickie!!
ReplyDeleteWorking out in the morning IS a big adjustment, so don't feel bad or underestimate it. For me, it's just a matter of knowing that the morning is the only time I have to do it - evening or any other time is not an option for me.
Any big change like that takes your body at LEAST 3 weeks to adjust to, if not longer. So, you are just going through the beginning steps. If you can hang in there, it will DEFINITELY be worth it.
But don't beat yourself up over it in the meantime. :-)
What Missy says is true. Also, I just don't think about it. #1, the night before, I plan on getting up in my mind 100%. #2, ya got to get to bed early enough to get adequate sleep. #3, my alarm goes off in the bathroom, so I have to leap outta bed and run down the hall to turn it off (that wakes me up!), and #4, you just remind yourself of how great it feels to have accomplished something so good for yourself before the rest of the world is up!
ReplyDelete