Last night my new Biggest Loser scale showed up at my door....a day I've been excited about and dreading. So this morning I faced the scale. I knew I wasn't going to like the number but I had to be honest and face the music. I got on the scale and it was a number I didn't want to see but truthfully my emotions didn't get the best of me. I figured, it's a number and I'm looking to decrease that number and if I continue tracking what I eat and exercising I will do just that. I feel good to be recommitted and this time feels like when I first started Weight Watchers. It took me 9 months to get to goal weight then, so I know that this will be the same, perhaps a little quicker with the marathon training that I will be doing. But either way I know I am doing something good for myself and I'm NOT feeling guilty about it.
J is doing a biggest loser contest at work and he made a comment last night that made me chuckle, we are headed to a poker party and there are always snacks and such, he said he's not going to eat all day so he can have room and not over eat LOL. I know that's not the best approach but planning is. It will be fruits and veggies for lunch tomorrow in preparation to eat some goodies. Then I will LOG IT ALL. If I'm over my points then that's OK, being honest is what's important and that's what I haven't been doing lately.
Nothing much else going on, I'm getting all the Christmas decorations down today no matter what!!! I should have done it yesterday but we played a family game so that was more fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I always read your blog, and I can see a real difference in your mood and outlook these first days of the new year. You're going to stick with this new regime and inspire a lot of people along the way! I love that you're doing a 2nd half marathon as a psuedo vacation too. See ya soon!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up Denise! Love the motivation your giving me to continue! THANK YOU!
ReplyDelete