Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nothing to worry about

So for shits and grins I weighed myself this morning and sure enough, I was down....I knew I was bloated yesterday and my stomach just feeling a touch off and this morning I was better so I thought I'd step on the scale again, something I typically don't do and sure enough I was down a full pound (actually a lb and a 1/2, the 1/2 that I was up yesterday was also gone). I am super happy for a couple reasons, 1) I didn't get down on myself for the gain 2) I didn't let it detour me from my goals and I think in the recent past I would have 3) I still am maintaining my positive attitude and let me tell you it just feels GOOD.

Yesterday was A's graduation from her D.A.R.E. program at school. It was wonderful. Great speakers talked with the kids, the kids sang some songs and a few of them shared their pledges. It just really made me very proud of my daughter. She's becoming such a wonderful young lady. I was looking at her on the stage and she's just so beautiful. Now I know I'm biased but I thought she was one of the prettiest girls on that stage. She's such a sweet heart and I promise I won't ever stop telling her how proud of her I am or how much I love her. It's certainly a change from my up bringing that's for sure. There wasn't a lot of love or affection at all. One of my other goals for this year is to just enjoy my time with the kids and enjoy every moment because this time is just going by so fast. They are growing so quickly and I just want to enjoy every moment with them and have them enjoy them too so that when both my kids grow up they know that they were loved and we enjoyed our family moments. Because in the end, that's what it is about.....our time with family and friends, enjoying that time and making a positive impact for those you hold near and dear.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Congrats on your removal lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pound and a half! Great! Kudos to your positivity- i think i'll try some of that too :)

    I think your daughter must feel really lucky to know she's loved as much. Congratulations on her graduation too.

    ReplyDelete