Yesterday I was scheduled to run 3 miles, I did a mile and it took everything that I had. I don't know why I struggled with the run, but physically I just couldn't do it. I did what I could and running a mile is better than not doing anything at all. What I need to do is learn to not be so upset by this. It is more important to listen to my body and not over do it and risk injury.
I just don't don't know why I feel so badly about it. I feel like I've been defeated and in reality I haven't, I've won because I pushed through and did something.
Today is a rest day, I was thinking I would make up the 2 miles from yesterday but I think I need this day of rest so I can have strong weekend runs. If possible I'll make up the 2 miles then but I'm not going to fret and I'm going to do my best to not be disappointed in myself.
Not too much else going on which is good. I've been checking almost daily for flights to Germany and the price hasn't come down at all. I think I will most likely just book the airfare in the up coming weeks so I can just get that out of the way and I don't have to stress about it. I will be working the Rosetta Stone German this weekend to get a jump on the language. I'm excited and can't wait, it's going to be an amazing trip and I'm excited because this will be the first time that J and I have gone some where super nice since our honeymoon 13 years ago. We've been to Vegas and family trips but not as extravagant as this. It should be exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Don't stress about the 2 miles. It's better to rest than to overdo yourselves.
ReplyDeleteMalou.