Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Can you believe it???

I was up at 5:20 AM to run, that's right, you heard it here first. If you don't know it, I'm typically not a morning person, I like to sleep in. But I've been tired lately and I was wondering if because I do my workouts later if that was adding to the problem. Today I was able to complete 2.5 miles and I ran more than I have been running lately so that's a good sign. There was some walking in there but that's OK, I got up and I did it. I was scheduled to do 4 miles today but the run/walk was taking me longer than I had anticipated so I stopped at the 2.5. Better than nothing.

I also was 100% on track yesterday with my Weight Watchers program. Another big hurdle for me. I am unhappy with the winter pounds I've packed on but I'm headed in the right direction and I am happy. Maybe even a little proud of myself. I know its only been 1 day but right now I need some small victories. Shoot I even got in all my water!

I'm also getting my hair done later today. That definately is exciting. I need to cover up some grey and could use a trim. I could use a little time to feel pretty since I've been feeling anything but recently.

I'm hoping that later today when I get home I'll be able to finish my 1.5 miles to make it 4 for the day but I'm not going to fret if I don't. I worked out hard yesterday at my Cardio Blast class and did a billion stairs, not something that I've done before and man, that's a workout.

I wanted to say GOOD LUCK to my friend Karen who officially kicked off her training and being a mentor for the Napa to Sonoma race this July. She will be again raising money for CCFA to help battle Crohn's and Colitis. I will help her any way that I can and if I don't get to actually run the race this year I will definately be there as her cheerleader and to help her drink some wine!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!! Good job :) It's hard to get back on track sometimes. I'm in the same boat. I too have gained back a few too many pounds -- I won't even classify them as winter pounds -- and I'm determined to regain control in that area.

    You are such a inspiration to me, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you!!! Both getting up early AND staying OP all day. You are doing great in the face of crabbiness.

    ReplyDelete