Friday, March 12, 2010

Confidence

So I've really been trying to work on my confidence and I guess I need more work. I am starting a new role here at work, a little more technical in nature. It's wonderful because I get to learn more but I have no technical background. But I feel given the right tools and training I can do this job. I'm not creating code nor do I need to translate it so I won't need those skills. But I got thrust into a project and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. The guy training me (who basically didn't finish the project and now it falls on my lap) has given me less than stellar training and tells me that he wants me to learn from my own mistakes. Well I have no problem with that but what I take issue with is he hasn't given me any of the tools to succeed and I'm not the personality that can continue to fail or make mistakes and think it's OK. Perhaps if I was given more to work with I'd be OK with it.

My co-worker seems to think that it is a self confidence issue on my part. Well perhaps it is but how can I feel confident about things I've never been given any training on....or the time of day from this particular co-worker. So now I'm left here feeling a little defeated, like I'm up a creek and haven't even been given the boat let alone the paddles. I know I'll be OK, but it is taking a hit to my confidence level and I don't like that.....I don't like to fail and I feel that if I do fail that it may mean my job.

On the running front, I've gotten in my 2 runs this week, tomorrow brings 7 miles. I'm excited to see if I can do it. I know that I can!! If I have to walk some so be it, the goal here is to get the 7 miles completed and feel good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment