Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Irritation

So sometimes family can be irritating. I ran this morning on the count of I'm getting my hair done this afternoon and I didn't want to get it all ruined with a run later. So I got up early and ran 2.5 miles. I was supposed to run 4 but I didn't have the time as I needed to get ready for work etc. I will take a walk with the dog later but my daughter chimes in and told me that I didn't finish the run because I was an epic failure....Nice coming from the girl I GAVE BIRTH TO.

Just as I was excited that I actually got up in the morning to run (I am so not a morning person) and that's the response I got. It hurt and I yelled at her but yet she really doesn't feel any remorse for her comment. I will talk with her later and be sure she understands how hurtful her words were. I'm sure she didn't mean it like I took it but the point is she should never say such things.

5 comments:

  1. wow, you seem to be obsessed with running. On a glance, all your blog entry talk about running. It's good exercise, I agree, but too much of it takes time away from developing other hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh denise, Im sorry that A said that. (hugs) WTG on getting that run in! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seehwta you're saying, but as a teenager myself i would have sadi that to my dad (not my mom) in a kidding manner and feel no remorse for it. we enjoy pushing each other in "rude" yet funny ways but when it's time to be helpful and provide encouragment we do, so did you happen to ask herif it was meant as a joke etc.?im sure it was and im sure that she was just saying it as an automatic response as she would do if it were her friends or something else

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have reacted the same way. What she said was rude and there's no excuse for it. As for Shaoween, you aren't obsessed with running, it makes you feel good and why wouldn't you do something that makes you feel good? I'm proud of you for all the hard work you do, regardless of what it involves. Some people should be more supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random comment from someone you don't know YAY! I'm just trying to get my blog out there so I feel like more people are reading it. :)

    ANYWAYS!

    I think I would have been alright with the comment, though that is my personality. I do agree with Super Chocolate Bear that supporte is a major thing you need if you wanna stick to something, especially from family.

    ReplyDelete