Why is it that people who kiss ass seem to be the ones that get ahead? So today I learned that one of my co-workers is becoming a team lead. After the merger of my company they combined my group with another and we report to the same manager. He is overwhelmed (I can tell) and team leaders is a good way to address having a larger team reporting to you. So we have a girl on our team that will now be a team lead for the other team. She told our manager that she had supervisory experience and experience in their line of work....Um REALLY??? Cuz you NEVER mentioned that EVER.
It's just frustrating is all....she's been kissing his ass since she found out he was our manager and it was only to get herself ahead. She's one that doesn't come in on time (here it is almost 9:30 and she's supposed to be here at 9 and there's no sign of her yet), she talks on the phone all day, in a foriegn language to boot, takes walks, leaves early, goes for seated chair massages and never makes up the time. Now I understand there are some days you have to leave early for an appt and it's hard for you to make up the time but one week you can work overtime and it all evens out in the end, but that has NEVER been her way. She thinks she's entitled to everything.
Anyway, it's just frustrating, not saying that I would want the job, although I do have team leader and supervisory experience so at least it would be a better fit than her.
Training is going well. Sunday I did 5 miles, my longest run by far and it felt good and strong and I can see that the training is going well and helping me become stronger. I already feel that I'm at a better place with this training than I was last year so I'm really proud and it gives me motivation to continue to work hard. If I put my mind to it, I will succeed!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I so get your frustration with Miss Kiss Ass. I have a nemesis at work who kisses ass, is super ambitious, not a team player, and a possible threat to my future advancement. I don't want any of the things she's going after, but it burns me up that she's this way at all.
ReplyDeleteYou're at 5 miles already? That's awesome Denise!!!