Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Warm weather helps warm the heart

This warmer weather has been wonderful. I ran my 3 miles outside yesterday. I was stronger than I thought I was going to be. I really wanted to talk myself out of not going for a run or making it shorter but somehow I didn't let that happen. I did walk some as running outside is much different than on the treadmill. I also am not 100% back to full energy strength with my hormones still being somewhat out of whack.

On my run I really paid attention to the quiet (when no cars were passing me by), the sound of my footsteps as they hit the pavement. The birds that seemed to be singing just to me. And when I was feeling like I was defeated a nice breeze was at my back giving me the extra burst that I needed to continue and not let myself fail. I've been praying more often, not just for myself but for those that I love and care about and I think if you listen and pay attention you get the response that you need. Yesterday it was the wind at my back. It was like a little extra push to keep going, telling me that I am strong enough and you can do it!

My vitamins are also on their way. I'm really hoping that these help with all the symptoms that I'm experiencing, tiredness, irritability, feeling bloated, restless nights sleep, not losing weight and everything else. Hopefully it will be just what I need so I can go back to my sunny disposition and enjoy life, family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Denise - very reflective and poetic. I hope the vitamins help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our days. Anyone who is sunny every day is hiding something. You are wonderful, no matter what kind of day you are having.

    ReplyDelete